My great passion is to enable my clients to take control of their thoughts, feelings and behaviours when facing stressful experiences and life’s stressors. My motivation originally came from my journey caring for my wife and helping her overcome cancer.
The transition from hotel management to studying psychotherapy, complementary therapies and hypnotherapy was a natural progression as a direct result from my role as a carer. I have worked in the Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) field for over twenty years. I combine the different therapeutic approaches to personalise my treatments for my clients.
In order to share my skills, I volunteered as a therapist at Mind in Greenwich and as a clinical hypnotherapist in the Oncology Unit at St Georges’ Hospital. I served as a member on my local residents’ association for many years, developing and promoting neighbourhood events.
Encouraged by colleagues and friends to utilise my teacher training qualification, and my extensive experience and knowledge as a specialist lecturer teaching students at a range of colleges to both further education and degree levels, I co-founded the LCCH International College, of which I am the Vice Principal. We train students in clinical hypnotherapy to promote wellbeing and healing, thus raising the profile of hypnotherapy within the CAM field. I am a Fellow of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Trained with London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Studied at University of Greenwich and Greenwich College
- Worked in the complementary therapies industry since 1996
- Qualified as a smoking cessation counsellor with QUIT
- Work experience in counselling at Greenwich Mind
- Specialist lecturer in complementary therapies at a range of colleges
- Senior lecturer in clinical hypnosis with LCCH
- Successfully helped to launch Asian QUITline offering his services in Urdu.
- Instrumental in setting up the Asian Counselling service in Asian languages at Greenwich Mind
- Helped to develop a ‘patient’s support group’ in the Oncology Unit at St. George’s hospital and works closely with the Macmillan team
- Runs Masterclasses for hypnotherapist in the use of hypnosis with cancer patients
- Fellow of the British Society for Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association® (IMDHA)
- Member of the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA)