It is a talking therapy that allows you to discuss your problems and any difficult feelings you encounter in a safe, confidential environment. Counselling offers an opportunity to talk confidentially to someone impartial, so you are free to explore your true feelings and be supported without judgment. The discussions in counselling are aimed at helping you understand what is going on for you and what would help you best.
In summary, it is a process people seek when they want to change something in their lives or simply explore their thoughts and feelings in more depth and about effective change or enhance their wellbeing.
- Clarify and/or prioritise important issues and concerns.
- Find solutions to a specific problem
- Find ways to better organise themselves
- Learn how to function more effectively
- Learn new coping skills
- Reduce stress and confusion
- Seek answers about a life dilemma